if it wasn't totally obvious, the pp staff have had a bit of a love affair with hxxs the last couple years. currently residing in kansas city, brad played a show with them in denver and then sent them to davelybob for booking in STL. practically overnight they became the touring band he brought to town the most in his 19 years as a promoter. when dave says he is 99% retired from booking activities, that remaining 1% is reserved for hxxs and very few others. dave was super stoked that gavin and jeannie and their sometimes-drummer ricky were down to play his birthday show, and very pleased to share their set with you now.
we shan't try to describe their music, it is beyond words, and beyond belief. those who have heard the recordings know what's up. those who have seen them live are *obsessed*. to say these songs are powerful is an understatement, "these songs could start a cult if they wanted to" is more like it.
on top of all that they're also the nicest, kindest, just best people. In a logical world, this music would make them gazillionaires. but this world is what it is, and them being the sincere passionate leftists they are, they have a habit of throwing their earnings towards solving problems around them and bettering their community. which is noble, but left them in an awfully tight spot a few months back, when a senseless act of violence on their block claimed their tour van (which also served as their daytime money-maker) as collateral damage. they have been struggling to recoup their losses since, and are almost back on their feet. a gofundme is linked below, and gavin has been regularly livestreaming improv sets with high fidelity recordings available for donations. and you could always buy their records. just saying, help 'em out, they are good kids making important music.
also, let's all take a second real quick to recognize that goddamn banger "ful health" as the plague anthem to end all plague anthems. jeeeeezus.